Friday, April 15, 2016

Food For Thought #63

Greater Love


In John 15:13 it says "There is no greater love than to lay down one’s life for one’s friends."

I have always loved this verse because to me it made such a perfect picture of what a friend should be. I should be willing to lay down my life everyday for my friends, no matter what. 
A couple days ago I couldn't sleep so I decided to read some and I just flipped open my Bible and it landed on this passage. I really felt like God was leading me to this that night. 
I really felt God telling me something and I wanting to share it with you. 

This passage isn't just about dying for a friend, though that certainly is a big part of it. We should be so dedicated to showing God's love to our friends that we should not only be willing to die for them, but we should be willing to lay down our life. Lay down our time. Lay down our wants. Lay down our money. Lay down our comfort. We are supposed to lay down our lives for our friends, because thats what God did for us. 

Whats something goes shown you this week? 

If you haven't seen my Q&A video, you can see it, here

Please note that all scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright ©1996, 2004, 2007.

6 comments:

  1. This is so true! I feel lately I haven't been a very good friend both to my real-life friends and my online friends. :P But this inspires me to work at being that friend everybody wants to have. :)
    One thing God's shown me this week is that I need to be more patient with people. A bunch of times this week I have gotten annoyed at people over little things, and felt bad about it later. So I'm gonna try to work on that. :)
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the feeling. I've been feeling like I need to give more to my friends lately. I'll be praying that your endeavors will go really well. God can get us through anything.
      -Mikayla-

      Delete
  2. This is so true! I just love your interpretation of this passage :)

    Ellie | On the Other Side of Reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, for some reason it's not letting me reply to your last comment so I'll just reply down here:
    Thanks so much for praying, Mikayla! I really appreciate it...and in fact, I feel a change already! I will continue to pray for you!
    *Sunny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!
      I'm so glad! I will continue to pray for you.
      Thank you so much! I really aprechiate it!
      -Mikayla-

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?