Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Five Fall Favorites || My Favorite Read Aloud Books



Grab a fuzzy blanket, and join me as I share my favorite books to read aloud! 

Little Woman by Louisa May Alcott

1427461

My sister read this aloud to all my sisters and me when I was fairly young and I will never get tired of this beautiful story 

The Destiny of One by Sarah Holman 

12154195

This book will forever hold a special place in my heart, not only as one of my favorites authors first books, but one that inspired me to write as well. 

Resistance by Jaye L. Knight

22237317

This deliciously large book is quite an undertaking to read aloud, but so worth it. This book is full of spiritual encouragement and vivid characters. 
Goodreads || My review

Word After Word After Word by Patricia MacLachlan

7621049

This short book is packed full with vivid images, and quirky characters. It shows the power of writing in the young and old.
Goodreads || My review

The Substitute Guest by Grace Livingstone Hill 

18920487

This one of the first books I distinctly remember my dad reading aloud to us kids. He read us dozens of other ones, but this one by one of my favorite authors will always be special to me.
Goodreads 



Hop over to Read Another Page to enter this giveaway! 
Here's what it includes: 

Gift from the Storm by Rebekah Morris
Kiera by Kate Willis
There Was Always Laughter in Our House by Sarah Holman
Love Needs No Words by Faith Potts
Bound by Victoria Lynn
A Five Fall Favorites mug (designed by Rebekah Morris, created and donated by Salsa and Tea)





20 comments:

  1. Aww, Little Women! <3 and I'd really like to read The Destiny of One!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Little Women is awesome. <3 Oh, I hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  2. Love Little Women!! :) I think I'm going to check out "The Substitute Guest." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing? I have so many childhood memories wrapped up in that book. =) oh, I hope you can get it!

      Delete
  3. "Little Women" is such a good book. And so is "Word After Word After Word."
    I have never read "The Substitute Guest" but now maybe I should. Mind if I borrow a blanket and curl up here to read for a bit? I'm getting tired of lugging all my books around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are awesome! =D
      I'll even lend you the book to go with the blanket. ;)

      Delete
  4. RESISTANCE!!! I love Jaye L. Knight's books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Word after Word after Word is a lovely book! The Destiny of One and Resistance are two I hope to read soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing, especially for a kids book! Oh, I hope you get to read them soon!

      Delete
  6. Little Women seems to be a very popular read-aloud. I read it by myself, but I can imagine it's a good read-aloud. It was such a sweet--and sad--book. <3

    CutePolarBear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a really good one to read aloud. =D It is. =D

      Delete
  7. Adding Word After Word After Word to my TBR list!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That book is awesome, I hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  8. I've watched Little Woman, but I don't think I have read the book! ;)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book is WAY better then the movie. I hope you get to enjoy it sometime!

      Delete
  9. Mikayla "Little Women" is a favorite for all generations. Adored by all.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  10. This list of books sound great. "Little Women' is a book I can read numerous times and still enjoy it.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me to! I've read it a ton, and I love it more every time. =)

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?