Saturday, October 6, 2018

Five Fall Favorites || Top Five Books so Far


Today is the last day of Five Fall Favorites. While I've had fun hanging around with y'all it's time to wrap this up with my favorite books of the year so far. So gather in the barn and scroll onwards! 

Kiera by Kate Willis 

40019744

This beautiful book was probably my favorite that I've read all year. It's got amazing characters, themes, and goodness I could go on about this book forever. 

Before Amen by Max Lucado 

21550590

I've already mentioned this book but that's because it's amazing. I cannot recommend this book highly enough. 

The Robe by Lloyd C. Douglas

1975407
Yeah, I've mentioned this one two. I have never read a book that made me understand bible times as much as this one.

The Elusive Miss Ellison by Carolyn Miller

30851451

This Jane Austen style book captured me from the first page. The main character was a great example of a strong, yet feminine, woman. 

Beautiful Blue World by Suzanne LaFleur

28250850

This may be a kids book but it was heartbreakingly beautiful. It got me to thinking about my motives behind things and wanting to be a better friend to those around me. 



16 comments:

  1. Good grief, I didn't know my reading span was so small that I've never read any of these either! ;P they look epic, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are really good, I hope you get to check them out soon!

      Delete
  2. I can't wait to read Kiera!!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is pretty amazing! I hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing all your Tip 5 books this week, Mikayla! I've enjoyed coming over each day to see what you had to share. And I'm sure I've added too many books to my want to read list. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was my pleasure! Haha, good books are hard to come by, so I never see it as a problem to have a lot on my to-read list! =D

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It's really awesome! I hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  5. All of the books look like good reads.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I'm so honored that one of my books is on this list. <3 And Beautiful Blue World = YAY!!! It made it on to mine too. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your book was AWESOME!! (But not as awesome as you) <3 Oh, fun! *High five*

      Delete
  7. OK, so when I did my list I 100% forgot it was 5 books not 10. But I'll keep it 10 because it's a good list. xP So. My 10 Top Favourite Books of the Year. o.O This will be hard. Partly remembering and partly choosing.
    1. “Emma” by Jane Austen. Hands down the best.
    2. “Unbroken” by Rebekah A. Morris. So good.
    3. “Home Fires of the Great War” by Rebekah A. Morris. ❤
    4. (we're already getting near the end... :[]) “Uncle Tom's Cabin” by Harriet Beecher Stowe. Heartbreakingly beautiful.
    5. (halfway! *gulp*) “Rose in Bloom Series” by Louisa May Alcott. (*smirks at how I managed to sneak in two books*)
    6. “What Katy Did Next” OR “Clover” by Susan Coolidge. I can't remember if I read them both this year or if I just read ”Clover”, but they're both wonderful. (*look how I managed to slip in two books again mwahaha*).
    7. “Wilderness Ways” by William J. Long. I love all his works so far but this is the only one I've read this year. (Hoarding the others xD).
    8. “Jack & Jill” by Louisa May Alcott. ❤
    9. (*has a hard time figuring out which books are special enough to fit in the last two slots*) “Dictionary of Troublesome Words” by Bryson. Yeah, I love words and I love to laugh. (Also not finished).
    10. (*drumrolllll* *racks brains trying to think of a special book*) “Around the World in Eighty Days.” So I just read the first two chapters so far. But they were A-MAZ-ING. So the rest of the book ought to be as good, right??

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Top ten is a good list! =)
      Ohh, Emma is my favorite Jane Austen book! =D All of Rebekah Morris's and Louisa May Alcott books are great to. *Happy sigh* Jack and Jill is my favorite by her.
      My sister just read Around the World in Eighty days and loved it, so I might have to give it a try soon!
      Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! You made my evening! =D

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?