Monday, October 1, 2018

FIve Five Favorites || My Top Inspiration Non-Fiction


Gather around the bonfire, people, because today we have Five Fall favorites and I'll be sharing my favorite Non-fiction! These are not actually in any order.

1. Before Amen by Max Lucado 

21550590

Before Amen is one of the books that has influenced me the most in my prayer life. Lucado has such a down to earth way of putting things and I am just about due for a re-read. 

2. Control Girl by Shannon Popkin 

30851450


Easily the most perspective changing book I've ever read. I did not want to peg myself as a Control Girl, but this book did that, but also gave me a way to handle it. 


3. The Real Heaven by Chip Ingram

26266644

If you ever wanted to know more about what Heaven was like, this book is amazing. It is really eye opening and easy to read. 

4. It's Not about Me by Max Lucado 

 590663

This was such a good book about taking the focus off of yourself, and placing it on God like it should be. I would recommend checking out the teen version if you're 15 or under. 

5. Your Kingdom Calling by Rachel Starr Thomson

36566004

This short little book was filled with wisdom. It really helped me peg down what my calling was when I was uncertain. 


Hop over to Read Another Page to enter this giveaway! 
Here's what it includes: 

Gift from the Storm by Rebekah Morris
Kiera by Kate Willis
There Was Always Laughter in Our House by Sarah Holman
Love Needs No Words by Faith Potts
Bound by Victoria Lynn
A Five Fall Favorites mug (designed by Rebekah Morris, created and donated by Salsa and Tea)

30 comments:

  1. I read most of Control Girl earlier this year and loved it. You’ve insulated me to finish it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conrtol Girl is amazzing! I hope you enjoy the rest of it!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of the books you mentioned, although, I have started Control Girl a while back! I need to get back to it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you're able to get back into it soon!

      Delete
  3. These are allll soooooooooo gooooooood!!!!! I SO need to read "Your Kingdom Calling", and "Before Amen"! Definitely be keeping these in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they?? Your Kingdom Calling is free on Kindle, so it's pretty easy. I hope you get to read them soon!

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing these, Mikayla! I haven't read any of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, Mikayla! I need to read some of those books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the suggestions, Mikayla! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these before. :)
    I'm so excited the party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope you get the chance to check some of them out!
      Me to!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing, Mikayla! I should go check out some of those books, but there's enough on my TBR already...

    Lilian - greenteawithbooks.wordpress.com (if you'd like, please check my blog out! no pressure if you're not interested though <3)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure! There is always room for more books. ;D But I know what you mean, you've got to be choosy.

      Delete
  9. Thank You for this list Mikayla.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  10. These sound good! I have read 'Your Kingdom Calling' but not the others, so thanks for sharing. :) I'm always on the lookout for more good books! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That one was awesome! I hope you get to check out the others!

      Delete
  11. I really want to read Before Amen, and Control Girl looks amazing as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those two are AMAZING! I hope you get to read it soon!

      Delete
  12. Love this list, Mikayla! I've been very interested in Control Girl, and methinks that last one looks really good too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read it soon, cause it's awesome. =D *HUGS*

      Delete
  13. Ooh, I'm going to have to look in to these! Thanks for sharing a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great recommendations, Mikayla! I especially like the sound of the Max Lucado ones and Control Girl. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?