Friday, October 19, 2018

We're All Messy Here


We keep talking about "Perfect people" 
We keep wishing we were one of them 
We talk about how great their lives are

Well I'm here to tell you I found a place
Where we all belong. 
I found a home 
For all of us messy people 

It's called Planet Earth 

There's nothing new about it 
We're all messy here 


So that wasn't my poetic poem, but I felt like it was a good opener. 

I rarely feel like the only messy person, but I do view some people as "perfect." Now I use perfect in a loose term, but that's still how my brain feels about them. I have this idea that there are people out there who have some kind of magical life. Silly? Yes, I know. 

This week I was faced with just how messy I am. I have ignored some important things. I've been easily annoyed. I've let myself get frustrated. I've gotten jealous of silly things. 

I took a walk I was SO frustrated with everything, and I just asked God why I am such a messy person. And I heard a gentle whisper of "Everyone else is messy too, Mikayla. And all that messiness is to draw you closer to me." 

Well, that put some things into perspective. 

We're all messy here, and instead of getting mad at ourselves for being messy, we need to give it to God. I have found such peace and joy these past few days by just remembering that God didn't expect me to handle this by myself. Messiness is just another to make me realize how much I need Him.

What's something you've been learning lately?

10 comments:

  1. Aw, I like this so much, because I relate. It's easy to compare ourselves to others supposedly perfect lives and get discouraged. I've been feeling it myself, so thanks for this encouragement! May we both keep pressing closer to Him! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww, I'm glad! Indeed it is. Thank you so much for stopping by! You're comments always make me smile. <3

      Delete
  2. I CAN RELATE TO THIS SO MUCH, I've actually been working on a post that's sort of the same topic. I really love that poem too. ♥ Our imperfections, struggles, and messes truly are what bring us closer to God. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh, that is so cool! I can't wait to see your post! <3 Thank you. It is the coolest thing how God uses all these things to bring us closer to Him.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love this! You bring up such a wonderful point about how people on earth aren't expected to be perfect. Thank you for this reminder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love that God doesn't expect me to be perfect, He expects me to rely on Him. =)

      Delete
  4. Thank you for sharing this, Mikayla! I love how you are always so authentic. Nobody's perfect except Jesus, but He's always working on us to make us more like Him! I love to remember this little quote: "We're all broken...that's how the Light gets in." xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate it, Emily. I don't feel like the most authentic person, but I really want to be. Indeed, He is the only one who is perfect! I LOVE that quote!! <3
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. This post... wow. <3 <3
    Thank you for being real. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Gray!
      I am so glad to have a place I feel so comfortable being real. <3

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?