Friday, October 26, 2018

My Life Doesn't Go Like I Want


My life rarely works the way I want it to. I've got some magical idea on how I want my life to go, and only once in a blue moon does it actually go that way. 

This post was going to be excerpts from my book, but Word won't let me into my documents because I need to buy the full version of the product to even copy things out of it. 

Today my phone froze three times while I was trying to work on it. Any time I get on the WiFi it freezes, so I know I shouldn't get on the WiFi on it, but I do anyway. 

My sister and I did clay masks together for fun and both ended up with our faces red from a bad reaction to it. 

None of these things went how I planned them. But God's been showing me things, sometimes after things happen. 

My frustration with Word keeps reminding me that good things are not always free, and I can't just expect life to be handed to me on a silver platter. 

My phone freezing it reminding me to put it down and be where I am. I am so prone to ignore this lesson though, and just keep getting frustrated. 

The clay masks, well that just gave my sister and me a good chance to laugh as our cheeks very quickly returned to their normal color. It was good to laugh at myself like that. 

So yeah, my life doesn't go the way I plan, and I am grateful for it. Everything I come to is a chance to grow. While I know I have passed up countless opportunities to grown (with the phone, mainly), I'm grateful God gives me so many chances to grown in Him. 

14 comments:

  1. I love how honest you are, Mikayla, I struggle a lot with this too, and I've definitely ignored chances to learn and grow instead of just being angry, I'm working on it, though.
    Wonderful post, as usual. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my pleasure. It's just so easy to ignore chances like that. Good for you. I'll pray God helps you overcome this.
      <3

      Delete
  2. We all have to learn to be more patient and not get angry when something doesn't go the way we want it to.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mikayla, Thank You for sharing this post. It can be frustrating to have things go awry. When all is said and done things do eventually work themselves out.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It can. Just got to work away at trusting that God's got it all handled and I need to grow where He planted me. =)

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for this post. I, too, am not perfect in finding the sunny side of my troubles. God keeps bringing them to me so that I can grow. I need to slow down and look around me, think before I react.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My pleasure. People who can always find the sunny side of things are so amazing and inspirational. =) He is amazing with all the opportunity He gives!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a great post! I recently had a day like this where none of my plans went as I thought they would. Instead of arriving at work early as I wished, my tire blew. Cleaning took so long so I couldn't get car tags like I wanted. And then after driving 45 minutes to a writer's group I found it had been cancelled. But despite all that I felt an overwhelming sense of peace the entire day and as life "spat" in my face I laughed back at ;)

    Great post!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ehh, that is no fun. There are always opportunitys to grow through anything. =)

      Delete
  7. LOVE THIS!!!!!!! It's so true and something I'm learning everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These articles on life are really good, Mikayla. :)

    ~Katja L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm grateful God is so patient with me, and provides me with opportunitys to learn. =)

      Delete

Let’s talk! Comment about anything; my blog post, what music you’re listening to right now, how the weather is where you are, I want to hear it all! Check back for my replies.
If you are using the anonymous option, please leave your name so I know it is not a spam comment. Thank you!!
Let’s do this. What’s on your mind?